Crownfloors Inc. (“Company” or ”We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users/Mobile app users (“you”).
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://crownfloors.ca (our “Website”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this Website and any of our website or our Mobile Phone Apps.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website/Mobile Phone Apps.
Information We Collect About You
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, relate to you, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, records of products purchased, telephone number, gender, fingerprints, date of birth, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, internet browsing history, geolocation data, username or other similar identifier, inferences from other personal information that could create a profile about your preferences and characteristics, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information”).
How We Collect Information About You
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in surveys, forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website/Mobile Apps. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website/Mobile Apps may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website/Mobile Apps. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service or using our Website/Mobile Apps. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website/Mobile Apps.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website/Mobile Apps, including, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information that includes personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us. It helps us to improve our Website/Mobile apps and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to provide surveys according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website/Mobile Apps.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To notify you if you are entitled to an incentive.
- To match you against the survey you are taking.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it, including for survey data collection.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website/Mobile Apps or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Website/Mobile Apps, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Crownfloors assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Crownfloors about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Crownfloors, our customers, or others.
Transferring Your Personal Information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
You are welcome to contact us to obtain further information about Company policies regarding service providers outside of Canada. See Contact Information and Challenging Compliance. By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers and use data encryption to the extent possible.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including to fulfill the services requested, as well as for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13, and we do not knowingly sell any personal information of any minor children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact our Privacy Officer. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Contact Information and Challenging Compliance
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above, or by contacting us at the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
Verification of Your Request
Once you submit a request using one of the methods above, we will verify your personal identity based on the information we receive from you. Typically, we may ask business contacts for full name, email address, physical address or phone number. If you are contacting us from an email address not on file, we may ask for at least one other data point we already hold. Depending on data we have on file or other circumstances, we may ask for more or different information. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, who may do so through the methods described in Contact Information and Challenging Compliance above, but we will require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf and may also still ask you to verify your identity with us directly. You may also make a privacy request on behalf of your minor child.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or that you have the authority to request the personal information. We will use personal information provided in a request only to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.